- Sofia Ioannidou joined Andera Partners’ Andera Life Sciences team in 2009 as an Associate. She was promoted to Partner in 2019.
- Prior to Andera Partners, Sofia was part of the Life Sciences team of L.E.K. Consulting London, from 2006 to 2008, having started her career in R&D with Boston-based Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., from 2003 to 2006.
- Since 2009, she has actively contributed to a number of investments, trade sales and IPOs. Sofia currently serves on the board of Tubulis, Tricares, Avalyn, and Exciva and has previously served on the boards of LogicBio, Sanifit and PegaOne.
- She holds a PhD in Cell Biology from Cancer Research UK and an MBiochem from the University of Oxford.
- Sofia is a native Greek speaker and also speaks English, French and Spanish.
4 languages spoken
Investments of Sofia
Inhaled anti-fibrotic drug for the treatment of orphan respiratory disease
Gene therapy for the treatment of rare diseases in infants
Antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer
Prothèse de valve tricuspide
Phytic acid for the treatment of cardiovascular calcification
Small molecules for haematological cancer treatment
Novel approach to increase efficacy and safety of marketed Alzheimer's drugs
Mocules for the treatment of inflammatory diseases
Small molecule for the treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia in AD