Venture Advisor and innovative
- Michael has advised Andera since 2018.
- Michael Hayden is a Killam Professor at the University of British Columbia and Senior Scientist at the Centre of Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT), which he founded. Author of approximately 900 peer-reviewed publications and invited submissions, Michael has focused his research primarily on translational medicine, including Huntington disease, gene therapy, predictive medicine, personalised medicine and drug development.
- Michael was the President of Global R&D and Chief Scientific Officer at Teva from 2012-2017. He is the co-founder of five biotechnology companies including: Prilenia, NeuroVir Therapeutics Inc., Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Aspreva Pharmaceuticals Corp and 89bio.
- He currently sits on different public and private boards of biotech companies.
- Michael received his medical degree and Ph.D. degree in Genetics from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School and residency in Internal Medicine at Brigham & Women’s Affiliated Hospitals.
5 companies created