Andera Partners is a leading private equity firms in France with assets under management exceeding €3 billion.
The Andera Life Sciences team is one of the five dedicated teams within Andera and manages venture capital investments in the Life Sciences sector. Andera Life Sciences team invests in form of venture capital in exchange for significant minority stakes in start-up companies developing innovative biotechnology or medical technology products. The team currently manages an exciting portfolio of Life Sciences companies and is actively pursuing new investments.
Andera Life Sciences team is looking to hire an Investment Director as of March 2022.
The successful candidate will work within the Andera Life Sciences investment team, comprised of 15 people. The role is based in Paris.
- Contribution to deal sourcing
- Management of the due diligence and investment process: analysis of potential investment opportunities, coordination of and participation in the due diligence project team work (desktop research, expert interviews, calls and meetings with management teams, analysis of market, risks and potential exit scenarios, etc), recommendation of transaction structure, preparing internal investment papers
- Participation in deal execution (syndication, legal documents negotiation)
- Portfolio management work with partners
- Sector oversight and sector analysis reports
- Support in fundraising activities and preparation of fund reporting periodic documents
- Participation in Andera Life Sciences team tasks
- Participation in broader activities and initiatives of Andera Partners management company
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a life sciences’ dedicated venture capital investment role
- Sound scientific qualifications (MD / PharmD / PhD in chemistry or biotechnology or similar) ideally complemented by an advanced business degree or prior industry pedigree or management consulting
- Able to work with a good level of autonomy. Knowledgeable about what to do to drive deal flow and due-diligence and able to handle a transaction through to the finish line
- Valuation and financial modelling proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Discipline and good organisation skills
- Critical analysis skills and sound business judgement
- Team worker, able to work with multiple people simultaneously
- Fluent in English
- French language fluent or at least at an intermediate level and willing to become proficient rapidly to ensure a successful integration into the company
An additional experience in a top tier M&A firm or in BD of pharma/medtech would be a plus
We offer a competitive package. Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Sofia Ioannidou E-mail : email@example.com
Aneta Sottil E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org